Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Busy January

Well, so far this month Mike and I have celebrated our 8 year anniversary, Alex has gone back to school, and we've started planning our next Disney trip. But nothing compares to what we're doing right now...potty training Lauren. I thought potty training Alex was hard but she's got him beat. I have never seen a child so stubborn about using the potty. I have no idea where she gets this stubborn streak (surely it's not from me!). We've had some success but I have a feeling it is going to be a long process. We've made a big production out of it: bought her princess underwear, a princess potty, M&Ms and princess stickers. I'm just praying that it works.

I'm so excited about our Disney trip! We're going in May after Alex gets out of school. Alex keeps talking about which rides he wants to go on and which ones he doesn't (he likes Haunted Mansion but doesn't like Splash Mountain?). My mom is also coming with us so we should all have a fun time. We had a blast when she came with us 5 years ago.

So that's what we're up to. Disney and potty training. Woohoo!

2 comments:

misstj said...

i feel your pain! maybe it's 2nd children who are more stubborn automatically! i know B get's his from me!

if you want sympathy/empathy read my potty training rants on my blog. then again, if you read them, you might quit trying to train her!! we are making progress here, so it can be done!! good luck!

The Knight Family said...

Have fun at Disney!!!!!!! :)

We have been the past 2 Octobers - - So fun!!