After 6 years of living in this house, we have decided to finally do some work on it. Our to do list involves:
1. Prime and repaint the kitchen (I had painted it red, it will now be a creamy yellow)
2. Install(ourselves) a backsplash in the kitchen.
3. Tear out and replace the vinyl flooring in the kitchen. (We will let Lowe's do this).
4. Prime and repaint the bathroom downstairs (it was also painted red, will be a creamy yellow too)
5. Paint the family and living rooms. The family room will have a red/brown accent wall where our fireplace is, the rest will be a color called Bamboo. I haven't decided yet if I want to use the Bamboo or the creamy yellow as the color in the rest of the house)
6. Replace the carpet in the family and living rooms (Lowe's will do this too). The carpet is a Berber carpet. The name of the color is Mountain Stone (which really doesn't describe it too well)
7. Paint the foyer, stairs, and upstairs hallway.
8. Paint our extra bedroom and the rec room.
And while were at it, repair the walls that have holes in them. We've picked out all the flooring and paint. I think we've finally decided on a backsplash too.
We have no idea how long it's going to take. But knowing how OCD I am hopefully not very long. I'll just have to keep reminding myself that the mess is worth getting to the end result.
So if you happen to come to our house in the near future, be warned, it is going to be messy. (And wish us luck! We're going to need it!)
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment