Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Annual Gathering of the Mittan Clan

Which, once again, took place in Cincinatti. Which always makes me think of the WKRP theme song. And it gets stuck in my head. Like it is now. And then I have to sing it. Like I am right now. Come on. Just get it over with and sing it (it will make you feel better).

We left here on a Friday, dropped the dog off at Mom's and headed to Florence, KY. Have you ever been to Florence, y'all? That's what their water tower says: Florence Y'all. Mike's Great Aunt Polly lives there and we try to stop by and see her whenever we get a chance. We got to talk, have ice cream, and of course took some pictures.


After visiting Polly we headed the rest of the way to Cincinatti (Okay, I might have to stop typing Cincinnati because that song keeps getting stuck in my head). When we arrived at my cousin Klarysa's house, my other cousin Tegan and I noticed we were wearing the same colored shirts. How that happened, I don't know except to say that maybe we had some Mittan esp going on. Then we found out Klarysa had a shirt in that color too! So then we took a picture of all three of us in the same colored shirt.




On Saturday, we went to the (Oh dear! I have to type that word again) Cincinnati Museum Center. This place was AWESOME! All the kids had a great time there. I took a ton of pictures in there.


When we got back to K's house we got to celebrate all our July birthdays. There's quite a few: My cousin Tegan, her son Trevor, Me, and Lauren. And of course, I was excited to have some cake.


The next morning we decided to just hang out at K's house. So the kids played the Wii, DS, play with flashlights in the basement, fun kiddo things.


Since we were all leaving that afternoon, we thought it would be a good idea to try to take a family picture. Try being a key word. You see, Tegan has two boys and one girl, Klarysa has two boys, and I have Alex and Lauren. That's 7 children in one house and they are all 7 years and under. Makes for some interesting pictures . . .


As you can see, we did get a couple of nice ones.

After pictures it was time to leave. We had an fun time visiting with our cousins, aunt, and uncle! I hope we get to do it again next year! Oh and just for your enjoyment, have a listen to the WKRP theme song:

No comments: