I don't know what the difference was between 30, 31, 32, and 33, but I was really having a hard time this year with my birthday. 30, 31, and 32 didn't really have any affect on me. 30 I was soooo pregnant with Lauren all I could think about was when is this child going to leave my body! 31 I kept thinking I was turning 30 because I didn't really remember turning 30. And on my 32nd birthday, I celebrated while on a Caribbean cruise.
But this year, was a different story. I was actually not looking forward to my birthday. I think it had to do with the fact that Alex is going into Kindergarten, Lauren is turning 3, Lauren is no longer in diapers, and Lauren is in a booster seat. It's like I turned around and now I have no more babies.
So when my birthday came around, I wasn't sure what would happen. What did happen? It was great! I have been wanting to get a Wii (something Mike has not been too interested in). I ended up looking at Nintendo DS instead. I was kind of bummed that I wasn't going to get a Wii, but I'm actually glad now that I got the DS instead. Even Mike has been sneaking playtime.
I have to tell you, I LOVE purses. If I know where the purse section in a store is, I will avoid it because I know I will find something to buy. This year I decided to use some money I had gotten and got two purses. Yay!!!
But none of that compares to what we actually did on my birthday. We repaired a toilet. Our downstairs toilet had been leaking. It was actually one of the reasons that we got our new vinyl since it had leaked under the old flooring. we had thought it was a faulty wax ring. When they took the toilet out to put down the new vinyl, we discovered that the floor is slightly uneven and it caused one of the screws in the floor to break the flange. Soooo, we had a repair guy come out on my birthday. He quoted us a price of, are you ready, $750.00. He wanted to jackhammer the floor to level it, put in a new flange, and put the toilet back. First off, we had just had the flooring put in 2 days before this. There was NO WAY I was going to let someone destroy it. Second, he said it would be $650.00 to replace the flange (a flange is about $30-40) and $100.00 to jackhammer the floor. Huh???
So Mike and his Step dad Allen decided that they could fix it. And they did. They make a part that repairs that particular flange problem and they also make shims that you place under the toilet if you have an uneven floor. This was by far the best present!!! For 2 days we had to run up the stairs to go to the bathroom. Lauren could still use her little potty but I had to carry the removable cup up to the one of the bathrooms upstairs. Made us really appreciate a working toilet downstairs.
So that was my exciting birthday. I think I'll always remember my 33rd birthday as the one where we fixed a toilet. :^)


Me and my bounty
No comments:
Post a Comment