And I know what you’re thinking: “Doesn’t she have enough going on with the kitchen? Why is she tackling another project while that’s going on? Is she CRAZY?” Yes. Yes I am. Just ask Mike and he’ll tell you I’m crazy. I had to do something while those big guys installed the countertops and all four of us were stuck upstairs.
What to do with our extra bedroom though. And then it came to me “I’ll make it a craft room!” All of my craft stuff has been spread out across this house for awhile now and I thought it would be more beneficial for me and for the organization of the house (how do you like that justification?) if they were all in one room. You might be asking: “How much stuff does she have?” I crosstitch, crochet, knit, scrapbook, and sew. The sewing stuff hasn’t come out much in the last couple of years since the only place I could do it was at the kitchen table. But the rest of it has been all over the house.
So while the men installed the countertops downstairs, Mike and I put together a desk, rolling cart and office chair. We had already pretty much cleared out most of the “stuff” from the room so after everything was put together, we arranged the room.
Here’s some pics:








Darby can’t resist my crosstitch box:

The treadmill will stay but we won’t be keeping the exercise bike. Just haven’t found a home for it yet.

Some of the scrapbook supplies:

I got to have some music while I create!

There’s quite a bit more I want to do to the room: paint, perhaps place a pad over the folding table, pretty much cosmetic stuff. But I’m pretty excited about just having this little space to myself (Well, and whoever wants to use the treadmill).
So what’s next? The master bathroom. There’s a really ugly light fixture that needs to be replaced, a mirror that has a date with a hammer, and more painting. Now where did I put that hammer…
No comments:
Post a Comment