Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday Craft

The walls in the craft room are looking a little bare so I decided to do something about it. But I really didn’t want to spend any money. So after some thinking, this is what I came up with:
We had three frames that had drawings of animals. They used to be in Alex’s room when he was a baby and have been in the garage waiting for someone to resurrect them. After I rediscovered the frames, I located some black primer and paint (left over from the pantry) and an idea started forming. What if I painted these frames, used my trusty old Print Shop and some scrapbook paper, and made three art pieces for my craft room?
That’s exactly what I did. I didn’t take a picture of the frames before they were painted (I’m really bad about taking before pictures. I start doing a project and then I kick myself later because I always forget to take the before picture), so here’s what they look like painted:


Oh wait! Here’s the back of a frame that I was too lazy to paint!


Here’s the three pieces I made. The first one is made strictly from two different scrapbook pages.


The second piece was a combination of Print Shop magic and scrapbook paper. I used Print Shop to make my initials and the blue/green flower frame. Then I cut a black and white scrapbook page so it could then frame the cardstock paper that I printed the initials and flower frame.


The third was done just like the first piece.




And here they are all finished:








I’m thinking about putting them on this wall.


I really need to find that hammer.

No comments: