Monday, April 25, 2011

Easy to Make = Will take you hours to do

If there is one thing I've learned in my 30 something years on this Earth, it is that if a package says "easy" it is actually code for "incredibly time consuming." Never fails.

One of the items in the kids' Easter baskets were foam kits that I got from Target. They looked cute and I thought the kids would have fun making them.

Today I decided that since both kids didn't have school we would have some fun putting the kits together. I got the kits out, started to sort the pieces for each kit, and realized something: this was not going to be easy. On the package it says a glue gun is optional. No. It was a nessecity! I first tried tacky glue. Then I tried staples (I was desperate!). Then I finally gave in and went to one of the local craft stores and bought a glue gun (I have no idea how I've done crafts this long without one). Once home, I realized that with the glue gun, it was easy to assemble!

They really are cute! I did the parts that required glueing and the kids got to put the stickers on. So here they are:









No comments: