Thursday, May 5, 2011

How do you know you're crazy?

I guess for me it's the fact that I woke up at 3:00 am last Friday to watch the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or William and Catherine). Yes. I know. You're absolutely right. Yup. I'm crazy. So why did I do it? Well...

1) It's literally history being made. The last time a future king of England got married was 30 years ago. It doesn't happen that often.

2) When I was in high school I had to read a biography about someone. Who did I get? Henry VIII. Lucky me (sarcasm in my voice). By the way, he was a little strange and crazy, if you didn't know. I couldn't believe that this guy was the father of one of Great Britain's most beloved monarchs. So I started researching the Tudors and have been hooked on the British Royal Family ever since.

3) I've been fortunate enough to go to England twice and I LOVE it! I love that you can get off the tube and see part of a wall that Julius Caesar built around London, or that you can watch men in red coats with furry hats stay stone faced while you make funny faces at them.

4) Between my first and second trip to England I found out that my Mom's family has some interesting genealogy. For years I heard that my Grandmother was Polish. Well, when my aunt and cousin started researching they found out her family was from England. And it turns out that Mom and I are cousins of Princess Diana and therefore are cousins to William and Harry. So imagine my surprise when I went to London a couple of years later and I wasn't admitted to Buckingham Palace! I mean surely they would remember their umpteenth cousin?! How rude!

5) As fascinating as who designed the dress and who fixed her hair, I was really interested in how much of the wedding was going to be a traditional royal wedding and how much would have William and Catherine's own touches.

6) Have I mentioned I'm crazy?

So I don't know what other crazy people did but I had myself a high tea party. I woke up at three, brewed some coffee (tea came later), and got all my goodies out. And of course I wore a tiara (well, sort of). Here's me in all my craziness:







2 comments:

Buffey said...

Love the roll of toilet paper! lol

The Hills said...

I'm so classy! That was in case I was overcome with emotion. Lol!