Thursday, October 23, 2008

I think Mike's car hates me.


I don't know what the deal is, but his car always acts up when I drive it. Most Wednesday nights I drive his G6 to church so he can have the van with Lauren's car seat. A couple of months ago I was driving home on Alcoa Highway and all of a sudden one of the tires busted. I had to pull over near the UT hospital exit and wait for my father-in-law to come help me change the tire (he lives closer than we do to the church. Plus Lauren was in bed by that point). Another time I was driving home from church and the CD player was going crazy. It would shuffle through all the cds and I couldn't switch from the CD player to the radio. The next morning when Mike went to work the CD player worked fine.


Flash forward to last night. I had parked in the church's back parking lot (which is a now a construction mess) and was waiting to get out onto the new gravel drive connecting the parking lot and the street. The CD player started to act crazy, and there were no cars behind me, so I had the bright idea to put the car in park, turn the whole car off, and start it up again. When I went to turn the key nothing happened. It just died right there. And of course last night was the one night I forgot to bring my cell phone! So some lovely men had to push the car back into a parking spot and Alex and I had to wait for Mike and Lauren to come pick us up.


At least Alex got a kick out of it. He loved looking at all the construction equipment and the police car that parked near us.

1 comment:

misstj said...

ugh! i hate car switching just for car seats!!

how ya doin' cuz??