

From the top of the table to my knuckle is about an inch and a half. Woo!!! I think we had a blizzard! Sorry, I just figured that since my dad in Arkansas is looking at 9 inches in his yard that we just might get lucky and get 4 inches (for those of you relatives up north, we don't get a lot of snow here so 4 inches is pretty major here). And then, not only did we only get an inch and a half, it started raining early this morning. So our nice powdery snow turned into slush.
Boo!!!!! Hiss!!!!!
The kids looked so pitiful this morning. They wanted to go out and play in the snow but it was raining. So finally we bit the bullet. What's the difference between going out to play in the snow if it's raining a little or snowing a little. We couldn't build a snowman, but we did have a fun snowball fight. So enjoy some pictures from us frolicking in our pitiful snowfall.


You think you're so tough, don't you, Honey. Just wait. I'll get you.


There's so much snow, I don't know how we made it out of the house...

This could be a problem if it refreezes tonight.
So what do you do if you're disappointed in the amount of snow you get? Me, I decided to take lemons and make chocolate cake. What?! Not really. I just decided that if I was going to be held up in the house, I might as well make the best of it and make some cake. But not just any cake. I made this chocolate cake. And it really is the best chocolate sheet cake. If you haven't already heard of the Pioneer Woman than let me be the first to direct you to her website. She was a city girl who married a cattle rancher. I LOVE her blog.
Anyway, I realized I had all of the ingredients to make the cake. Unfortunately for us, I only had light butter here so it didn't turn out quite as good as before, but hey, it's all I had so we made due. I made this cake for James' (Mike's dad) birthday. Everyone LOVED it. A word of warning: if you serve this to people while they're at your house, they may not want to leave. So be careful who you make this for. Make sure you really like them.
By the way, it makes 24 servings. It's huge. So now I have a huge chocolate cake sitting in my house, and if you know me, you know that I can not say no to cake. Me + cake = no willpower. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to grab a cup of coffee and enjoy a piece (my second today):


And feed some to your honey

And the little people in your life

And for heaven's sake, don't forget to feed yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment