Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Disney Night #2 - Haunted Mansion Night

(Imagine I’m talking in a deep, spooky voice)

Good evening. Welcome to our second Disney night. The night will include spooktacular food, maddening mazes, and a visit to a rumored “Haunted Mansion.” Continue reading…if you DARE!

(Okay, imagine I’m back to using my normal voice.)

For our second Disney night, it was Alex’s turn to pick our theme. I had a pretty good idea that he would either pick Haunted Mansion or Test Track (his 2 favorite rides). And sure enough, he did. It took me no time to figure out that we could make mummy dogs (hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls). It was the other food items that I had the hardest time deciding on. So I went to the DISboards and asked some fellow Disney fanactics and one woman who has been following our pre trip report had some wonderful suggestions and I was able to put a hauntingly good meal on the table. So here’s what we had:

Mummy Dogs
Wormy Fries (I tried to find curly fries but couldn’t find any so we went with shoestring fries)
Green Eyeballs (really green grapes)
Muddy Beans (baked beans)
Spooky Cookies (we cut out sugar cookies in shapes of houses and ghosts and the decorated them)

I was really happy that my Mom was able to join us for our Disney night!

We then colored spooky pictures that I printed from a website and found our way through a spooky maze.

Here’s some pictures:

Our decorated table:




Oh no! A spider is on the candle!


My Haunted Mansion snowglobe:


There are spiders everywhere!


Mickey joined us:



The invitation:


Look who’s “hanging around”


Our spooktacular dinner:


Cookies!




Nana joined us too!


Our activities:



To end the night, we watched the movie “Haunted Mansion” and ate popcorn. And we were happy, “forEvers and Evers.” (Sorry, couldn’t resist quoting Eddie Murphy)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Looks like ya'll are having fun. Can;'t wait to see the rest of the dinners.