So this year for Mike's birthday I just had to make the recipe for the "Best Chocolate Sheet Cake." Mmmmm....Cake. Sorry! Lost my train of thought. Instead of going out to eat with the whole family this year, we all gathered at Mike's mom's house and had dinner. She made his favorite dish: Chicken Casserole. I have to admit something to y'all. I have tried and tried to make this dish and while mine is pretty darn good, I can never get it up to the level of his mom's. I mean I have followed this recipe to a "T" and it still comes out tasting just ever so slightly different. I think she's holding out on me and isn't telling me a secret ingredient. Yeah, that's it.
Mike got to do pretty much anything he wanted this day. He took a nap, played some XBOX, lay around and be lazy, and eat tons of food. I'd say that's a great day for anybody. In the evening, we went to his mom's and I took the cake and my velvety mashed potatoes. The ones I make for Thanksgiving that people are starting to request I bring with me when we go over to eat at other people's houses (perhaps I shouldn't have made them so good...).
My Mom joined us there and we had a fun evening with family. we even got to poke fun at Mike a little. Here's the pictures:
The Birthday Boy/Old Man:

Give Me That Cake!:

Mom and Me at Mike's Mom's House:

He's Still One Hot Guy! (Even if he is 35):

Now Who Would Do Such A Thing?

Happy Birthday To You!
2 comments:
hey...watch who you're calling old lady! mike yes, but 35 no no no!!! but if that's the case, i demand (request??) a cake that good for my 35th!!
Oh that's right! You're turning 35 this year! Sorry Cuz! You're just going to have to except the fact that you're getting old. Me, I'll just be a mere 34 this year. Lol!
Post a Comment