Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our First Sunburn Of The Year

No, we didn't lay out in the sun or even do anything that purposely gave us sunburn. So what did we do that caused us to get a little sunburn? We went to the zoo. Last Saturday was such a beautiful day. I think it was in the 70s (and then on Sunday it was in the 50s. Crazy!). I never thought about having sunblock to put on since it's been so long since we've been outside in the sun (It's been a long winter y'all!).

We had such a great time! It was so great to get outside of the house! We actually didn't take a stroller! This was a big deal for us. It's been over 6 years since we've gone anywhere without a stroller. We found out it's doable but for longer trips (like Disney World and Dollywood) we'll probably still take one so when Lauren gets tired she can sit.

The kids had a great time looking at the animals. We packed a lunch and ate it outside at a table (the kids always like doing this). We also ran into two families that go to our church (I think half of Knoxville went to the zoo since it was so nice). To end our zoo trip, the kids played at the playground in the kidszone. There's a big sandbox that both kids usually like to play in but this time no one played in it.

I'm sure we'll be gong back since we renewed our passes.

No comments: