Friday, November 6, 2009

My son's allergic to what?!

I've already somewhat explained this story on Facebook, but some family members may not have read about it. Here's the whole story:

A couple of days ago, Logan's mom, Amie (Logan is Alex's best friend from school) contacted me on Facebook. She and some other moms from Alex's class were planning food for the class's Christmas party. She asked me if Alex was allergic to anything besides peanuts. I thought that maybe someone got the wrong impression that Alex's major dislike for peanut butter was actually a food allergy. So I wrote Amie back and let her know that he wasn't allergic to peanuts/peanut butter but disliked them so much he tells every single house he goes to for trick or treating "Trick or treat. I don't like peanut butter."

Yesterday, I'm picking up Alex from school and I run into Amie and Logan. She informs me that not only does everyone think Alex is allergic to peanut butter/peanuts, he's been sitting at a special table during lunch for children with food allergies. I turn to look at him and he's smirking. He let everyone believe that he had a peanut allergy so he wouldn't have to eat it. I'm standing there trying so hard not to crack up. Inside I'm thinking how hilarious it is that he was smart enough to figure this out but I'm also concerned that he did in fact lie. I laughed all day yesterday but did explain that he couldn't sit there any more since he was eating food that others at the special table are allergic to.

I think I'm going to have to keep my eyes on him. He's smart. Too smart.

No comments: